Fully-featured, flexible and reliable IP telephony solutions, with a price to make Voice over IP (VoIP) accessible to all sizes of organisation.
Supporting smarter business communications, IP telephony converts voice into data packets which can be transferred over your existing data network, delivering key business benefits:
Key benefits of IP telephony:
- By transferring voice traffic over your existing data network, calls placed on the same network effectively 'ride for free' which can help to reduce telephone bills.
- Implementation of SIP trunking, also known as IP trunks, can also provider greater reductions in call costs, and disaster recovery.
- Phones can be plugged into standard data ports, meaning your building only requires a single set of cabling.
- Maintaining a single converged network, rather than seperate voice and data networks, can deliver significant cost savings.
- Regardless of where remote workers are located, they will be able to access the same key services and functionality as their colleagues based in the office enabling you to offer the same seamless service and customer care across your entire organisation.
- IP telephony eases future growth, making it simple to add extensions or integrate new sites into the existing network.
- IP telephony also makes it easy and cost-effective to include temporary workers or even a temporary office for ad-hoc projects, and consolidate resources such as operator positions in one central place.
IP telephony can also come in two flavours, either as a hybrid system which incorporates digital as well as IP handsets, or pure IP which only uses IP. Both of these options deliver their own set of benefits:
|Benefits of hybrid IP telephony
||Benefits of pure IP telephony |
- Allows deployment of IP devices where required.
- Remote offices can effectively be called for free.
- Provides guaranteed Quality of Service (QoS) for head office-based staff.
- Minimises business risk by providing redundancy options should the network fail.
- Reduction in costs of calls between head and branch offices.
- Reduces bandwidth for internal calls in branch offices, through peer-to-peer technology.
- Cheaper and quicker to establish new or temporary offices, or link buildings together.
- Peer-to-peer technology ensures best possible QoS for IP telephony.
IP Telephony, however, will not provide sound business benefits for all organisations. For this reason, Toshiba's Strata CIX family can be configured to offer the best solution for you today, and easily and cost-effectively amended to implement new technology when it's right for your business. For more information, please visit our Strata CIX or IPedge page, or download our IP Telephony Guide.
||As a contributor to the 11th edition of The Growing Business Handbook, Toshiba BCD would like to offer you the opportunity to view online, the entire content of this book.|
For the first time, The Growing Business Handbook, published by Kogan Page and endorsed by the Institute of Directors, is available online in its entirety - FREE!
This book highlights the latest ideas, techniques and solutions for maximising growth, exploiting and protecting your best ideas and inventions and controlling risks. Combining the knowledge and expertise of leading professional advisors with the experiences of entrepreneurs, The Growing Business Handbook
gives an all-encompassing insight into the challenges involoved in building a high-growth venture in 2009 and beyond. "Good advice on how to make a successful small business into a larger one." The Times
Nearly 400 pages of practicle advice including:
"Filled with articles from experts in the private sector providing advice to small and medium sized companies on techniques to expand their business." Business and Fianance UK
|Business technology and systems|
|Ideas and innovation
||Productivity for SMEs|
|People and performance
||Managing rapid growth|
|Greener business models
||Aquisitions that work|
||Succession and exit strategies|
|Cashflow and working capital
You can access all this information simply by reading the ebook version of the book here
. It couldn't be quicker or easier to find the information you require.